Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Nasher Sculpture Center from Marc Roberts on Vimeo.
With the Arctic Vortex literally putting a chill on our bright outlook, we knew it was time for a Spring throwback. The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas (one of our favorite venues not only for parties and weddings but also to peruse on the random day off from work) shared a video highlighting their Garden Party from last year. We had the pleasure of working with amazing DFW vendors, like Mary Wright Shaw and Jackson Durham to name a few. This should get you in the mood for planning your next Spring soiree.
Photography by Thisbe Grace Photography / Florals by Jackson Durham / Planning by Mary Wright Shaw / Linens by La Tavola / Venue by The Nasher Sculpture Center / Lounge furniture by Fauxcades / Place Settings, Stemware, Flatware, Chairs by POSH Couture Rentals
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
|Tabletop design, floral arrangement, and image courtesy of Dr. Delphinium.|
Dr. Delphinium has always had our hearts with their floral arrangements, but they also have a knack for creating unforgettable tabletops. With Art Deco being a huge trend in 2013 and 2014, they were influenced by the style of the roaring twenties as well. Luxe china collections and embellished linens certainly reflect the era of The Great Gatsby, and the Dr. Delphinium team captured it perfectly. We love the luscious floral arrangement (Daisy would approve) and the gold details sure to leave stars in your guests eyes. This is a tabletop perfect for breaking out of the winter doldrums or celebrating a bright new year.
POSH Place Setting
Gold Beaded Glass Charger / Gold Leaf Dinner, Salad Plate, Bread & Butter / Gold Lyons Flatware / Gold Lace Wine Glass and Champagne Flute / Gold Chiavari Chair
Thank you for sharing, Dr. Delphinium. See more of their gorgeous floral arrangements here.
Monday, January 6, 2014
|A beautiful gown. Photo by Gilles Bensimon . / Rustic elegance with distressed ivory chiavari chairs. Image via here. / Donnie Brown designed this gorgeous white place setting with POSH pieces. Image by Edmonson Weddings Photography. See more from this shoot here. / Warm your shoulders with a pretty throw. Image by Tikko Weddings. / A winter delicacy by The Italian Dish via here.|
1. Dress the party with long, silk gowns worthy of a night on the town topped with layers of knits and furs. You'll be sitting pretty (and warm) even if the power goes out.
2. The look of our distressed ivory chiavari is a favorite for rustic winter weddings and events. It obviously looks great in outdoor settings but also has the proper style for seriously stylish entertaining well-heeled guests.
3. You really can never go wrong with a white place setting, especially if it's a Simply Platinum Dinner Plate mixed with Gold Leaf China.
4. The perfect party favor is one that keeps guest warm of course. We love the idea of cashmere throws that can easily be layered and thrown across legs and shoulders.
5. Warm up your core with a hot beverage, from the hot toddy to good old fashioned shots of whiskey, we have just the glassware for you.