Friday, September 6, 2013
The days leading up to Fall always seem to get us inspired to, well, get inspired. The back to school bug must stay in us through adulthood. Here is what is on our radar this month; what's on yours?
1. We spotted these new hand-sewn cotton classics in the September issue of Lucky, and they're already ordered for fall entertaining. Perfect for a Southern hostess. Lucky staffer, Alexis Morgan said, "I want to host a dinner party just so I can use these napkins." We concur. $12 each from Zojora.com. See her other Fall finds here.
2. Y'all, Jerry Hall is revisiting Ann Bancroft's infamous role as Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate. Have we said enough? Reason enough to travel to Australia. Fingers crossed she decides to try it stateside. Read about it and see a click of rehearsals here.
3. Our new favorite band is HAIM (rhymes with thyme), a trio of sisters with serious musical chops. They've already been compared to a young Fleetwood Mac - a serious compliment that isn't taken lightly (and worth it). We first found them when they covered Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough" (go immediately and watch it here). Their album drops at the end of the month, and ours is on pre-order. Girl power, sisterhood, fist pumping - yes!
4. If the rumors are true, the new iphone will come in champagne and gold. All about it!
5. Top of our reading list: The Lowlands by Jhumpa Lahiri is on the number one spot. Read about it here.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
|Flawless Valentino campaign. Images via Valentino / Blue and White China takes center stage on an otherwise minimal setting of Royal White Charger, Clear Glass Charger with Silver Rim, Silver Flatware, and Blue-Green Swirl Stem Glassware. Image via POSH.|
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
|Marchesa for Lenox as seen in House Beautiful. Photo credit: Jessica Antola|
Let's be honest here - we want ANYTHING Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig create. Whether it's the gorgeous ballgowns and wedding dresses from Marchesa or their new tableware collaboration Lenox, these girls know glamour. Jami and Laurel completely fell in love with the line when they saw it at market last month. As they told House Beautiful this month, " If you want to inject your party with glamour, dress up...and that goes for tabletop as well...add a touch of couture elegance to every setting." We couldn't agree more! We adhere to the same philosophy when picking our pieces as they did when creating this line, which is that personal style ranges runs from fashion to lifestyle. This looks like a line we'll be adding to our personal collections.
|Left: Chapman and Craig, the masterminds behind Marchesa / Right: 1 - Shapely flatware by Marchesa; 2 - Spring Lark Collection by Marchesa; 3 - Mint Julep by Marchesa; 4 - Onyx Stemware by POSH|
Read more about the collaboration here.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
|We love the mixture of seating styles. All images by Perez Photography.|
A glamorous affair with the Pantone Color of the Year seems a fitting way to end 2012. Inspired by emerald and gold accents with the popular mint hue, Alison Baker and Mary-Francis Hurt of DFW Events have created a head-turner of a tabletop. This look is surely "mint to be" throughout 2013 as well. Gorgeous job, ladies! See more, including a film by BEYOND, here.
|Get the look with POSH: Shown - Gold Lyons Flatware, Gold Floral Lace Champagne Flutes, Gold Chiavari Chairs. Add Emerald Chloe Goblets, Barcelona Gold Chargers and China, and mix in mint POSH Vintage pieces to complete this look.|
Venue, ALDREDGE HOUSE / Video, Lighting, BEYOND / Photography, PEREZ PHOTOGRAPHY / table, lounge seating, FAUXCADES / design, concept, napkins, DFW EVENTS / florist, THE GARDEN GATE / cake, CEME DE LA CREME CAKE COMPANY / paper goods, SOUTHERN FRIED PAPER / flatware, champagne flutes, chiavari chairs, POSH COUTURE RENTALS / mint china, DEAN DRIVER